Tuesday 13 January 2015

Review | Real Techniques Bold Metals 301 Flat Contour Brush



As soon as I saw the Bold Metals collection featured on Real Technique's Instagram I knew I had to have them, more specifically the Flat Contour Brush but at £22 it's not the cheapest brush on the market. The Rose Gold handle and unusual design definitely attracted it to me at first as it's so aesthetically pleasing but the brush design was definitely what sealed the deal. Before the release of this brush I had only ever seen one other contour brush similar from Zoeva but that one seemed to be more square in comparison. The Real Techniques one has rounded edges, almost like a much denser and smaller version of the Expert Face Brush. Because of this I think it could also be used with a light to medium coverage foundation like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua to help build the coverage up. Design wise the handle is pointed to avoid it rolling off a flat surface and weighted to help create a precise contour. Also the synthetic hairs are even softer than the other collections available from Real Techniques, which is saying something! 



I used my 301 with my Nars Laguna Bronzer from my Virtual Domination Palette as I find powders are easier to apply and look more natural. I found that whilst applying I was able to get a more defined contour than with my contour brush from the Core Collection as the 301 is much denser. It also perfectly fit into the hollows of my cheekbones, helping me map out where I needed to contour. There was also no need to tap off excess product as the brush picks up exactly the right amount. 


Overall I think the brush was an excellent purchase and I am sure I will get lots of use out of it. Also it will look stunning sitting among my other brushes on my dressing table. 

With Love 
Robyn xo

2 comments :

  1. I've never tried any of the real techniques brushes but this one looks amazing! Great review!

    megan xxx
    megxnscott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really really want this brush! I have the core collection and I LOVE it.
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete