Sunday 4 August 2013

July Favourites!



It's August already, how crazy?! Not long until I start college now, scary! Nonetheless another month gone by gives us another chance to show off the products we've been loving over the course of the month. I haven't really done much shopping this month mainly because it's been so hot but these are a few things I've been loving. 


The first product (or products) I've been loving is the L'oreal Skin Perfection range. I bought the 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution first from Sainsbury's because I heard it was a good Bioderma dupe. I didn't want to be splashing out ten to twenty pounds for a makeup remover so I thought I would give this a go and I wasn't at all disappointed! It was around £4 for the bottle and it removes makeup like a dream! Just apply a small amount onto a cotton wool pad and swipe over your face and your makeup is gone. It's brilliant! After my triumph with the makeup remover I thought I'd try the Velvety-Soft Toner and quite frankly it does what it says on the bottle. When applied to the face it feels soft and luxurious and just glides on. Also the smell is to die for! Lastly from the Skin Perfection range I got the Cleansing and Perfecting Milk. I apply this just before I go to bed with my fingers and it makes my skin so much more hydrated and soft. 



The second product I've been loving is Essie's 'Muchi, Muchi'. I purchased it along with two more Essie nail polishes in a set from Tk Maxx for £10 which is a really good deal considering they retail for around £8 in Boots and Superdrug. The colour is a beautiful pastel pink on the nail and it's an amazing dupe for Topshop's 'Milkshake'. I found that it did need a few coats to stop looking so opaque though and it didn't dry as quickly as I would like but I've had it on for 4 days now and it hasn't chipped at all. 


The third product I've been loving is Orlando Pita's Argan Oil. I bought this along with a Shampoo and Conditioner in a set from Costco for £15. I wasn't really that impressed with the Shampoo and Conditioner as they felt cheap but the Argan Oil really has done wonders for my hair. I apply a tiny amount onto damp hair and it makes it so much easier to dry. It also says on the bottle it helps reduce dry time but I haven't really found that to be true, thankfully my hair is only short anyway so it takes next to no time to dry my hair. 


Lastly I have absolutely been loving my Real Techniques Starter Set. I just find Real Techniques brushes to be so soft and effortless to use. Recently I've been applying more eyeshadow just as a way to make my eyes look brighter and prettier and that's why I purchased this set. I bought it from Amazon whilst it had money off so it was only around £17 instead of £20. The set includes a base shadow brush which is perfect for applying colour to the lid, a deluxe crease brush which is good for applying colour to the crease and outer corner, an accent brush which I haven't really used yet and a brow brush which fills in your brows flawlessly. My favourite of them all is definitely the brow brush because it is nice and thick and applies the perfect amount of shadow to the eyebrows.   


So they were my July Favourites, I hope you enjoyed reading. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'!

With Love
Robyn xo

1 comment :

  1. Hey! I know you havent blogged in a while but I love your blog and have tagged you in the Sisterhood of Bloggers award! This is a fun award tag, so please head over to my page to find the questions I've set to you! I can't wait to see your answers, have a great day, Lydia Eve, http://mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete